Franco Albini embodies one of the most important actors of the development of the rationalist thinking in the fields of architecture, furniture and industrial design. Graduated in 1929 at the faculty of Architecture of the Politecnico of Milan, he cooperated immediately with the studio Ponti and Lancia and with the review Casabella. In 1929 he founded his first Studio in Milan and he dedicated to housing projects until the postwar, thanks to the opportunities offered by the reconstruction. Among the most important projects of those years, the San Siro quarter in Milan must be remembered, as well as his works in the field of design: a radio receiver, the armchair Luisa, which woin the Compasso d’Oro award in 1955, and a series of assembled pieces of furniture to be used in the Italian summer camps. Franco Albini received many rewards for his production, where he has always guaranteed a logic consistence, high purity of expression and great morality. Franca Helg graduated in Architecture at the Politecnico of Milan in 1945. After some years of personal experience, she became partner of Franco Albini in 1951 and this cooperation lasted until 1977. His interests has always flown from desing to industrial design, from renovation to city planning. Among her most important projects there is the store “La Rinascente” in Rome, Piazza Fiume, the thermal baths Luigi Zoja in Salsomaggiore, the Museo degli Eremitani, the city museums in Padua and the furniture of the underground of Milan, which was awarded with the “Compasso d’Oro” in 1964. After Franco Albini’s death in 1977, she works with Marco Albini and Antonio Piva. Antonio Piva graduated in 1962 at IUAV of Venice and became immediately member of Franco Albini’s studio, beginning his career under the supervision of the master. His principal passions have always been teaching and writing: he is professor of Design in the course of industrial design in Venice and cooperates with many famous Italian and international reviews. He designed a lot of objects, which are very famous in the history of design, as well as many exhibitions and settings that he has organized, form the Contemporary Art Pavillon in Milan, to the International Design Center in New York. Marco Albini, Franco Albini’s son, is an architect and designer graduated at the Politecnico of Milan in 1965. Since the ‘60es he has worked in his father’s studio. Today he is professor of architecture and city planning and has his own architecture studio. He is considered a specialist of the organization of museums settings.